fot

Alzheimer's Ramblings...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Alzheimer's Ramblings...
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 01:21:10 EDT
Work IS h*ll-

Finally got home after two weeks away. There was snow on the mountain when I
left, and the AC is on today, seems we went from winter, directly to
summer...thank you El Nino. Everything is now in bloom and growing inches per
day. I spent all afternoon pulling weeds out of the side yard parking area. It
almost looked like a putting green there was so much vegetation encroaching on
the gravel. There isn't enough beer for a job like that.
My driveway is lined with large "red" rocks (you geologist types undoubtedly
have some name for them, but they're just big red rocks to me...)and I noticed
someone had stolen about a 350 pounder from the middle of my drive while I was
gone. Is there a black market for this kind of thing ? I can only laugh at my
mental image of the "Moe, Larry,and Curly" scene that must have transpired
gettin that rock out of my drive. I'd have given them the rock, just to see
it...

OTC (Obligatory Triumph Content), I took almost 11 pounds out of the body by
removing all the little brackets and underseal. As most of you may know, I'm
experimenting with some 280Z pieces at the back end of the GT6 in an effort to
eliminate some potential problem areas. The stub axles have about a 3.5"
spacing between the inner and outer wheel bearings. This will "almost" fit in
the GT6 rear upright, but won't allow room for seals of any kind. Does anyone
know if perhaps something like a 510 has a thinner distance between the two
bearings? That would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breathe. It is amazing
how close and similar the dimensions are between the two. If I didn't know
better, I'd say they used the GT as a pattern for many of the dimensions, but
then increased them by a small percentage.

Here's a tip from the "Garage of Mystery"...always check your dust mask for
spiders BEFORE you put it on...
         Nick in Nor Cal