fot

RE: New Friend

To: <AA00727@AOL.COM>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New Friend
From: "R.M. Bownes III" <bownes@emi.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:20:34 -0400

> At 08:20 AM 6/30/98 -0500, Alexander Joseph H wrote:
> >Please welcome Gary...we need to find him a Triumph to race.
>
> I'm pretty sure that Bob Bownes' Spitfire is still for sale.

Thanks John. The Spit is indeed still for sale. It could be
had for what Gary deems a 'reasonable' price. ($2,500) The engine
gets back from the machine shop this Friday. I was *thinking*
about spending some time next week putting it in with a twisted
eye towards having it @ VTR if there happened to be trailer space
going that way (but it ain't likely). More likely I'll spend
the time making sure the Vee is ready to go for BRIC.

To go Vintage racing however, I think you'd need to remove
the fender flares. Probably, though depends on the sanctioning
organization. Not a big deal in any case. I've looked at doing
it on several occasions. If I were going to keep the car
and race it vintage, I'd get a second hood (without flares)
and make the rear fenders Dzeus on so I could still run
SCCA when I wanted.

But it's here and just about ready to go if anyone is interested.
Otherwise i'll haul it down to the Vintage fest @ Lime Rock in Aug
and see if there are any takers.

(Here is Albany, N.Y. btw)

Bob