fot

Re: Triumph

To: "James Mcandrew" <mcandrew@pol.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:04:07 -0600
Joe, I know you are busy with TR racing this week, but I just got this
message from Jim McAndrew after talking with him on the phone tonight,
and I want to get this out before I forget in all the excitement of
heading to the VTR Nationals. As you can see, Jim has purchased the TR3
that Tim Suddard from Grassroots Motorsports located and published a
few stories about in his mag. Jim is in the process of restoring the
car and he will be racing here in TX!  I hereby nominate Jim to the FOT
list. You all have been so helpful to me, so I know you will welcome
him with open arms.

Jim, Jeff Snyder (AKA Jeff's Resurrections) is at 512-251-4336.  He's
booked for the year, but we can twist his arm.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

----------
> From: James Mcandrew <mcandrew@pol.net>
> To: rgk@flash.net
> Subject: Triumph
> Date: Thursday, July 16, 1998 9:04 PM
>
> Bob
>
> It was great talking with you tonight.  Sorry I had to sign off so
suddenly but 5 year old daughters front tooth met 8 year old sons head.
 Only a little bit of blood and everyone is fine now.

> I would appreciate the nomination for Friends of Triumph.  Let's
see... qualifications.  Owned Triumphs since 1983.  First a TR 250,
then several TR3s. Drove a Triumph (first the 250 then a 3) as my only
source of transportation for almost all of medical school.  Member of
Texas Triumph Register and Red River Triumph Club. Now restoring
Daytona -winning TR3.  Hope that's enough.  If not, could you at least
get me the name and address of the guy who raced the red TR4, number
96, from Atlanta, at the 1997 Daytona Continental Reunion Race.  I have
some pictures to send him.