fot

Engine Rebuild

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Rebuild
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 19:50:50 -0400
Amici,
I have just finished putting together my TR-4 engine.  It was a complete
de-mating of every last piece (except the cam shaft bearings) of the block.
The head stayed in tact.  Starting with all of the pieces scattered all
over the place, it took 24 man hours to get it put together ready for dyno
testing.  In retrospect this seems like an ungainly long time.It only took
a third that long to take it apart.  I'd be interested in hearing what the
norm is for the engine assembly process.  Any rules of thumb?
Richard Taylor
Atlanta