fot

Re: The Journey Ends

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Journey Ends
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:14:36 -0400 (EDT)
Wow.

12 days, 3273 miles, 2 quarts of Castrol 20/50, about $200 for gasoline,
32 miles driving on the track at Road America... good friends, good food.
What more can you ask for. Oh yeah, _perfect weather_. Really.

Oh, and no parts fell off. The only problem I had was a mysterious
electrical problem that blew a fuse (twice) after I got all the way out
to Hudson. I never proved what blew the fuse, buy I did correct a minor
goof on my part whereby I had wired the ground to my radio to the map
light switch... not ure how I did that. Ironically, the second time the
fuse blew it was on the way to the AutoX - great. But I quickly
determined that the fuse had blown (again) and I re-wired the car at the
AutoX so that the fuel pump is on its own circuit now. A TR6 with Webers
will not run without a fuel pump. I can say that with 100% certainty.

BRIC (aka the Chicgo Historics) was awesome! I got to do some "touring
laps" on Sunday - with passengers. I took a few kids around (Make a wish
kids and Big Brother/ Big Sister kids), and that was pretty "special", but
the highlight was when a woman was riding along said something like "How
come the tires don't squeal, are you using race tires?". I was not on R
tires. My reply "I'm not driving fast enough". I then tromped on it
through the "kink".  She was quiet for the rest of the ride. Very Kool.

Wisconsin is very nice. The people are friendly and I really didn't feel
as paranoid about locking my things as I do on the east coast.

They drive _very aggresively_ in the Chicago area.

The AutoX at VTR was very nice. I'm not saying that because I did well,
Phil Ethier and the MAC folks put on a really good event. If you autoX
your TR and you did not make this event, you really lost out.

The banquet was very good, and that lobster guy at the end was really
wierd - hey wait that was me!

Start planning for Portland, ME in '99... NOW.

regards,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |