fot

Re: rear axle problems

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear axle problems
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:32:51 EDT
Third member purists please hit delete now...

Not that I would have ever been a party to such a thing...but I've heard of
guys breaking those welds/pins loose on a TR axle, supporting both outer ends
on jack stands and using a Porta-Power down onto the center of the axle tube
(a heavy weight will probably work), then welding it all up nice and neat. The
addition of some "heavy" heat, then air cooling, along the top of the outer
tube parts will further increase the "bend" in the housing. A fella could
easily end up with a degree or so of negative camber back there, but my, I
mean, this fellow's side diff gears will tend to wear some.

Don't try this at home...
      Nick in Nor Cal