fot

Re: trailer towing

To: AA00727@aol.com
Subject: Re: trailer towing
From: Chasgee@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:00:06 EDT
Hi Gary,

I used to pull my Spitfire with a Ranger 6 cyl.  It was OK but very difficult
on any sort of hill.  I use a medium weight single axle trailer.  I had a
trailer tire blow out with this set up once and it was perfectly safe.  I was
able to stop the rig with no difficulty, but i was on a flat area of road.  I
currently use the same trailer with a Ford F250...MUCH better and I believe
much safer.  The motor, brakes, and towing capacity are up to the task on the
larger truck.  By the way, I use a 2" receiver hitch with no trailer brakes.
Keep in mind that I modified my trailer to make sure it had a reasonable
tongue weight when loaded - very important for stability.

Chuck Gee
Spitfire Racer