fot

Re: Required Reading

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Required Reading
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 09:33:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> One quick thought.  Bringing up Le Mans and the Mille Miglia reminded
> me that at this year's VTR the suggestion was made among the Team Fat
> regulars to blow off the usual trip to the annual convention, perhaps in
> 2001, and head to England for the Goodwood "Festival of Speed" or whatever
> the actual event title may be.  Any other interest?

I'll start saving right now. All I have to do is stop spending all of my
disposable income (and some that really isn't disposable) on Car Too. Or
is it Khartu???

At any rate, this suggestion is very excellent.

BTW, a few years back, our local Triumph club planned a trip to England
for the Donnington Park Historics and then through the country to
Jag-you-are and Aston Martin and Morgan and so forth with stops at
castles etc. and the Auto Juble at Beaulieu (Bew-ley).., the trip fell
through, but yours truly and now-x-wife made the journey on our own. The
wife left me immediately afterward (her loss), but I had a blast on that
trip. I can't wait to go back to England! The events that I mention are
later in the summer, ostensibly around Labor Day in the 'States, and they
are "way kool". Actually, never made it to Bewley - but I'll be it's a hoot.

And I know some pretty neat roads over there - even if the rentals, er
hires, are econoboxes.

> mjb.

When is Goodwood??? I presume its in the Spring...

later,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |