fot

ATTENTION: Silicone Valve Cover Gasket Purchasers

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ATTENTION: Silicone Valve Cover Gasket Purchasers
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:01:29 -0700
PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU PURCHASED A SILICONE VALVE COVER GASKET FROM ME!

Cosmo Kramer pointed an error out to me...

The gasket came with a set of directions that included a valve
tightening sequence... there is an error in the sequence!  If you have
kept these directions for any sort of reference, please make the
correction:

8 - 1
6 - 3
4 - 5
7 - 2    <---  These were incorrect
1 - 8    <---  in the gasket manual!
3 - 6
5 - 4
2 - 7

This mistake happened because my Haynes TR 4/4A manual had a typo
there... so you might also want to check your Haynes manual... page 48!

No one has noticed the error until now! Thank you Cosmo.

--Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner