fot

Re: FOT sighting at Tustin Thunder

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FOT sighting at Tustin Thunder
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 03:55:10 -0500
Patrick McMullen wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> Thanks for the great photos.  I enjoy seeing and hearing about other
> great vintage racing events across the country.  Mordy broke a
> transmission???  I just talked to John Lye this past weekend and he too
> experienced a major transmission failure.  John managed to strip
> completely, all the teeth off third gear!!!
>
> Pat in NC

No kidding!! uncle jack and Tony shucked a whole row of kernels off of
third gear at IRP this weekend too. Didn't ruin the weekend, though, as
Jim Donato, the Jeep / Eagle emprasario from Logansport indiana and one
of the Original Thickos packed us into his Grand Cherokee, took us to
his place, forced a rebuilt trans on us, and back to the track.

We managed to humble all the PORSCHES but one.....
--
uncle jack
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer