fot

Re: scattershield info requested

To: emanteno@ibm.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: scattershield info requested
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 23:50:58 EDT

<<
 I am requesting your suggestions for a scattershield for my TR4. Thanks
 much,

 Irv Korey

Irv-

Don't know if they allow this stuff anymore, but I used a piece of serious
conveyor belt, maybe 6 ply or so. I tried a little experimentation of my own
involving several handguns and said piece of belting until I was satisfied. I
bolted the one large piece of stuff directly to the trans tunnel cover so that
it hung down a couple inches either side to further direct scrapnel away from
my non-replaceable feet. The belt also extended past the front of the tunnel
so as to be up against the back of the motor and a little further up along
each side of the block. At the back it also extended so as to cover the front
u-joint.
It took a little "cussin" to get the tunnel cover on, but the advantages were
that it came off with the tunnel, allowed full air circulation to the trans
and didn't weigh much.

Shields up...
    Nick in Nor cal