fot

Re: Crank Question

To: DLDEAD@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Crank Question
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 06:50:44 -0500
DAN DURYEE wrote:

> Bob that was the 4th time  I have had the flywheel break all 4 bolts.
> Best we can tell that type of 6cyl. crank is real bad about harmonics,
> can,t take high RPM,s.

> Dan
> SDS Racing
>
> ----------
> > From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>

> > No, I mean crank-shaft.

Interesting thread. I don't run a 6 cyl car but I have worked on two of
them that previously had aluminum flywheels that in the past repeatedly
came adrift from the cranks. All kinds of solutions had been tried - six
bolts, larger diameter bolts, steel bushings in bolt holes, loctite of
every color, two dowel pins, all to no avail. There must be something
going on with the six cyl engines.

By contrast, I don't know of one 4 cyl car that has had this problem but
maybe there are some of which I'm unaware.

--
uncle jack
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer