fot

Modern GT6...Was:TRF Clearance Sale

To: "'Bob Lang'" <LANG@isis.mit.edu>, "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Modern GT6...Was:TRF Clearance Sale
From: "R.M. Bownes III" <bownes@emi.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:18:33 -0400
Not much Triumph content, but what the heck...

> rml
> p.s. and I don't even own a BMW!

Picture a BRG GT6+ (MK II for those on the far side of the pond)
Push the hatch up a bit to make the rear window almost vertical
Flare it enough to stuff some 245/45/17's under the back
Replace the rotoflex with something more modern
Put in a beige leather interior, complete with serious tunes & heated seats.
Feel the close ratios of a 5 speed in your right hand
Feel the leather of the steering wheel in the other hand.
Pedals close enough together to really heel & toe.
Fair in the headlights. Make 'em REALLY bright.
Put in brake ducting that is real in a front air dam.
Slap on 225/45/17's on the front.
Hunt down some huge honkin disk brakes for all four corners.
Connect 'em up to ABS and traction control so it stops like a Formula car.
Drop a 240+HP inline 6 cyl twin cam under a bonnet that opens the wrong way.

It's sitting in my parking space right now...

BMW M Coupe...I've had it for about 18 hours. The grin won't fade until they
come to take it away next week...

Only had it airborne once so far...:-}

iii