fot

TR4 Tranny checkout...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Tranny checkout...
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:35:58 EST
Amici:

I have a TR4 transmission that I may want to use and I need to know what to
check before putting it in a car.

It came out of a junked car and had been sitting in a wrecking yard for many
years, but when I drained the oil it looked brand new.  I've pulled the top
cover and looked for any broken teeth or other metal, using a magnetic probe
to see what I could collect, and didn't see anything.  It turns easily in all
gears.  I know I'll need a new throw out bearing, but is there anything else I
can do to check it other than just putting it in and trying to drive it?

Thanks...
Don Marshall