fot

TR3A Build Status

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Build Status
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:39:27 -0600
One TR3A gone and another coming back to life..................

Accident victim TR3A just about dismantled.

New frame is up on saw horses and the undamaged rear clip has been lifted
into place on the frame. The new front clip is also located to the frame.
All of the sheet metal required to tie the car together is under the saw
horses, awaiting fitment.  When Niehaus Restorations completes the clip
connection and stabilizes the body, I will take the frame and begin work on
the Rolling Chassis.

Keith plans to place the body on a rollover platform to complete all work
through paint. It is being built under the new commission number. This car
has a number of features that our 'coast to coast' car did not and I am
going to try to be true to the original build.

Schedule? I have none, in the interest of placing more emphasis on the joy
of seeing this restoration develop. This is also some therapy here, to
overcome the pain of why I am doing this, to begin with.

Linda's is OK and my ribs have all but ceased causing pain. We are still a
bit jumpy when we encounter something unusual in traffic. The trade off here
is a new found alertness.

Finally, wonderful when you can develop a situation with a commerical shop
where you are allowed to work side by side with the owner. Jack Drews did
this with Keith Niehaus, as well, and the results are apparent in his Rally
Replica TR4.

No matter that the cost will exceed initial expectations...we know that will
happen...besides, "it doesn't matter", does it Kent Howard?

Oh yes, thanks also to Mike & Brenda Mack, for making this path available.

Joe

One more thing, the "Guest House Garage" foundation was poured yesterday.
Finally a decent place to work is "work in process".