fot

Re: TR3 Serial number question.

To: EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: TR3 Serial number question.
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:23:49 -0500
At 07:53 AM 11/19/98 EST, EISANDIEGO@aol.com wrote:
>Looking at TR3 project car that has serial number TSF 383 L. The car is
titled
>as a 1962. This date and year seem to indicate that it is a TR3B rather
than a
>TR3. Is that correct ?

You're right, this is a TR3B.

TSF cars came with the TR4 all syncro gearbox and the TR3 engine with 83mm
pistons. Something like 500+ TSF cars made.

TCF series cars came with the TR4 all syncro gearbox as well as the TR4
engine with 86mm pistons. Something like 2800+ TCF cars made.

>I have asked this question before. What color was the primer used on TR3s? I
>apologize, I quess I getting old. There are a few areas of this car (under
>rear carpeting and near the gas tank) that have white paint. Otherwise the
car
>has been apparently repeatedly paint a metallic blue color (including under
>the carpeting in the front seats). Since I am told that the factory never
used
>metallic colors, am I to conclude that this car was originally white ?

My TR3B was originally black. I have never noticed in the few areas the
original black paint still exists any white primer.

BTW, this is my first contribution to the FOT list. Thanks for having this
TR fanatic, autocross wannabe along for the ride!
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 TR3B   TCF1927 L       Driver
 TR250  CD690 L         Soon to be Driver
 TR250  CD8096 L        Someday Driver
 TR250  CD1074 L        For Sale (soon!)

 Homepage         http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/