fot

Searchable archives

To: fot@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Searchable archives
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:18:39 -0700 (MST)
Okay, for those of you with web capabilites, I finally snuck in a bit of
time today to muck around with the searchable archives.  So now,
when you go to

  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/wilma

you can actually click on fot and have something useful happen.  You can
actually do something like search for, say, "beer" or "Gloria" or "credenza"
and have the proper result returned.

I have not yet automated the updates of the archive, there's some more I want
to do with trimming headers in archived messages and possibly rewriting
people's addresses as an anti-spam tactic, but the basic functionality is
there.  I fully expect it to work flawlessly, until monday or tuesday.  About
the instant I pass the smelter and head into Tooele valley, on my way to
Chris Kantarjiev's place for a little vacation, I fully expect the server
to roll over and die, awaiting my return.  So it goes.

mjb.