fot

Re: Dolomite Sprint O/D tranny

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Dolomite Sprint O/D tranny
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:32:19 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

You should get many responses to this... the gear set in a Dolly tranny
(does that rhyme???) uses the same spacing between the main shaft and the
layshaft... we've debated this issue on FOT several times in the last
year or so.

This is how you get a close ratio set for a big TR, and the sets are
apparently getting "as scarce as hens' teeth". The gears are worth in the
$600 to $700 range, if I were to hazard a guess.

Offer him $300 and see if he bites.

;-)

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |