fot

Re: 2001 and Goodwood

To: <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 2001 and Goodwood
From: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 12:32:52 -0500
At 03:53 PM 1/6/99 +0000, jonmac wrote:
>Joe,
>
>I think it's important to try and nip things in the bud about
>Goodwood. I've never been there for the Festival of Speed myself but
>it looks as though some hares are running with people making all
>sorts of plans about bringing cars with them to race.

Well said Jon. As I understand it, Goodwood is by invite only for
participants. The intent here was to go and observe, not to participate.
Certainly the opportunity to work with one of the vintage organizations in
the UK to participate in another event exists, but is perhaps outside the
scope of what we had originally intended.

With that said, original intent was to go, enjoy Goodwood, hit a few other
automotive sights, and spend time wandering the English countryside doing
the sights and a few antique shops (one in particular called Morpheus).

On a related note, one of the stops I had planned was in fact a B&B called
the Malt House in Chipping Campden! There is a wonderful pub just down the
street.

iii