fot

Re: supercharged TR6?

To: pmcmull@ibm.net, cak@dimebank.com
Subject: Re: supercharged TR6?
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:01:59 EST
I provided this info many years ago to a guy who called me from Six Pack back
east.....

Superchargers were available for the TR6 in the late 70's...my neighbor had
one on his 69 TR6...and I saw two others installed at local auto shows before
we started the local Triumph club. Also saw twin cam Toyota's in TR6's and of
course several V-8 fords in TR6's. RayPak or something like that was the
manufacturer. I'll ask my neighbor...I even had a brochure from a local garage
(AutoHaus in Culver City...ex TR dealer) who had done one for a guy in the
Marina...but it's "in my garage"...which means it may not see the light of day
for years.

They were VERY expensive compared to webers and a cam back then. For what it's
worth tho they did exist. Sold from the factory near LA Airport... then in
Gardena.VERY similiar installation on the Z cars was available as well.

Bill Burroughs, VTR So West Rep, E Ticket Triumphs, Founder SCTOA
70 TR6, 69 TR250, 73 MkIV, 69 GT6+, 59 TR3A and two 65 TR4A
Vintage Race Cars. Happy Motoring!!