fot

Re: Speaking of Cranks

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of Cranks
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:43:07 -0500
TR3 with Carillo rods and 3.7 rear gears.  Lightened early TR3 flywheel,
narrow belt pully from the famous Ken Gilanders.  Stock crank for 8+ years
but recently sprung for a steel crank when a bunch were being built.

I honor 6000 limit unless pressed by too many Porsches.  Doubt I've ever
run  3rd beyond 6500 but have no data system to positively confirm that.
Cant get beyond 6K in top gear on most tracks due to tall diff.

Totally agree with Jack, happiness is a race car that stays together!  I'd
rather race more often and be in 2nd place than set at home waiting for
enough money to rebuild a dead motor.