fot

Re: EP GT6

To: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Subject: Re: EP GT6
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:56:15 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, bob bownes wrote:

>       Well I just hauled the 'parts' GT into the garage this weekend. Really
> looks like a parts car. Kristen will be happy. I mean, it would only take
> two floors, four quarter panels, a rear valence, and probably a couple of
> rocker panels to make it solid again. Then it would only need a motor, a
> rebuild on the trans, brakes on all four corners, and a few other minor
> bits....:-}

Sounds like one of my projects!

>       Anyone else notice the rules change for SCCA EP GT6's? Three 40DCOE's @
> 2020 lbs is now legal...

Oooh. I forget the older reference, but I know that in A Prepared, GT6's
can run larger "choke tubes" than TR6's - 30 mm (or was it 33mm??) vs. 28
mm for the 2.5l. The 33's would breath a lot letter than the 28's.

>       "Oh, Dear? Where did you hide the checkbook?"

Really.

Speaking of which - my welding skills are now adequate for body repairs on
race cars... I have one floor and inner rocker in Khartu and I should get
the outer rocker on this week before the dreaded "NET Newsletter"
beckons. I could actually have a body on the frame in less than 30
days... WOW!

> iii

Write if you need help welding!

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |