fot

Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #222

To: fot@autox.team.net, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #222
From: mikee@ragtops.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:04:18 -0500
I keep getting the message about the Judson 'Ramcharger' and I don't know if it
came from the Triumph list, the FOT list or vintage race!! I have one of these
units which I plan to fit to the Italia when I finally get the car ready. Jack
warned
me that I'll spend my race weekends trying to make it work right but I'm up for
the challenge. I would, however, like to ask those of you who have more
experience with these things (as well as everything else!) to please share any
insights into the inner workings. I've gotten some preliminary input (I'm also
on
the Judson list) but my initial question has to do with supercharging any
engine. What sort of mods work with superchargers? How should I alter the
timing, valve and ignition? what sort of combustion chambers work best and
how should I change the ports? long or short exhaust? will I need colder plugs
or hotter? Am I going to have a pinging problem? what about water injection?
As I go along I'll be asking more specific questions (about the car also).
  Right now, the body is back from Redi-Strip & in etching primer awaiting the
skilled hand of my metal-man! The chassis is at the sand-blasters awaiting
better weather.

Michael Engard
1970 Rover 3500S
1961 Triumph Italia 2000 GT