fot

Calling All Opinions...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Calling All Opinions...
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:11:56 EST
Fellow Revsters-

All this talk of rev limits has brought a question to mind....

The 6 cyl car I'm assembling has gotten around to serious bottom end assembly.
One of the things I have noticed is the major difference between the GT6 and
TR6 front pulley/damper assemblies. The GT unit has a smaller pulley diameter
(about 4.5") as opposed to the TR unit (about 5.5"). I would like to run the
smaller diameter pulley, but the outer part of the TR pulley is also much
larger (about an inch) and about a pound heavier. I can only assume the
larger/heavier unit is needed on the TR motor, but would it benefit the GT
motor? I would like to run the smallest crank pulley I can to keep the water
pump speed down, but I also like the thought of more mass to squelch those
nasty harmonics.

Trying to keep a steady balance...
     Nick in Nor Cal