fot

Spit exhaust questions

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit exhaust questions
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:31:11 -0600
Confucious say, "Man who run behind car get exhausted!"

Sorry -- couldn't resist. ;)

No, really, folks, I have an exhaust-related question.  I have a Pace
header for the interim engine in Tristan (1967 Spit) and need to add
something thereafter.  I was wondering what people recommend -- a
straight pipe (which the hotter race engine had -- ended about midway
down the chassis), a Supertrapp (which I have but the PO didn't like the
sound of the car with it on), a Dynoflow (sp?) or something similar, or
any other alternative.  Me, I'm for the less bank-breaking approach,
since I just closed on my house last Friday and have found some of the
multitude of money-sucking attributes of said abode already.  Anyone
have any ideas or good knowledge?

Speaking of the new home, I'll be stuffing Tristan and Elliott (my
street '68 Spit) and a Van Diemen Formula Ford into the oversized
two-car garage.  Hail to the Brits!

Thanks in advance (10 degrees)!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

PS -- For those of you who didn't see this on the Spit list (WAAAAH!
Wish I could go!):