fot

Newsletter

To: "'Palmer Mark'" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Subject: Newsletter
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:46:48 -0600

Mark,

Newsletter was delightful. Subtle reference to tractor based automotive
engine goes much deeper, into my background, than you might have realized.

Leading tractor on the track is, of course, Oliver's wet sleeved Waukesha
gasoline engine. The amazing thing here is that my father was an Oliver
dealer for 30 years and this was the start of my engine experience. Forty
plus years later, things have not changed much for me. Acorn does not fall
far from the tree, but my current version of the 'wet sleeve' experience is
far more fun than in the ag repair shop version.

Members of the FOT: an explanation here:

The MG Vintage Racers (Mark Palmer) published a newsletter with the
newsletter cover featuring a collage of MG and Triumphs on course and driven
in anger. This issue effectively promotes the MG/Triumph Challenge at
Mid-Ohio.

At the lower left hand corner of the cover page is a gaggle of farm tractors
competing on a road course, with a vintage Oliver tractor leading the pack.
Of course we understand the reference here to the heritage of the sports TR
engine.

Mark made a serious appeal, in his nicely done newsletter, to the MG racers
for entry to the Mid-Ohio MG/Triumph Challenge. "The gauntlet has been
thrown" he says.  Their group is 250 strong, but we are equal to the
challenge.

See you at Mid-Ohio.

Joe