fot

Re: The 'wind -up'

To: <TR3197@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: The 'wind -up'
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 22:49:19 +0100
>Good to see you surface...Paul!

Joe, it's not so much a question of surfacing per se. The truth of the
matter is that he had has just finished planting fifty acres of new potatoes
by hand and hadn't got anything more useful to say!

>Why dont you come and spend the summer with us retirees? You could reprise
>the role of Team Manager at Mid-Ohio and other venues.

FOTer's - it's far better he stays away. In CB parlance, once those MG guys
get an eyeball on him, it'll be like the Battle of New Orleans all over
again. You won't see them for dust and that would spoil everyone's fun.

Fact of the matter is that HM Queen has recently issued a Royal Decree in
Letters Patent such that us more senior subjects now have to have our
passports vetted before leaving these shores to inspect the world as a
whole. I hate to have to say this but Richardson has had his passport
withdrawn. Liz thought that the words stamped on the first page "UNDESIRABLE
BRITISH SUBJECT - ADMISSION DISCOURAGED" might be to Her Disadvantage.
Reliable feedback from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office is that a more
descriptive personal outline along the lines of unsuitable, unstable,
unshaven, unpredictable, unwashed, unpleasant and a few other un-adjectives
was more appropriate. Normally, these words would have appeared in a former
British passport but since we now have EUROPEAN COMMUNITY IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
looking more like a lunch wrapper for an out of work goatherd, there just
wasn't enough room on the relevant page.
Let's just say it's better for the world as a whole if he's kept here.

John Mac