fot

Buttonwillow

To: Chasgee@aol.com, Smockracer@aol.com, Kaskas@earthlink.net,
Subject: Buttonwillow
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:11:16 EDT
Greetings Amigo's,
I'm a bit disturbed tonight.  It looks like the crank grinder got my # 1
cylinder rod journal a bit off center when redoing the crank.  The piston
stands proud about .020 at TDC.
The best solution would be to turn another crank and assemble.  This crank is
.030 & .040 so it is reaching the end of it's useful life.  I hate to turn a
good crank to these dimensions to save $175 in bearings.  I hate to buy
another set of bearings to fit a new crank.
I could deck a piston to fit this new stroke and run it as is until a new
crank is called for.  Then It would take at least one new piston to reach
zero deck with a good crank.
This crank would still be good for a street motor.
Using another crank would take bearings, polishing and balancing and perhaps
decking the pistons depending upon the accuracy of the rod journal centers.
I would have to ensure the crank grinder polished for the MGB bearings.  Can
I find a set of MGB bearings in  the new overbore?
Am I talking myself into doing it right instead of quick and cheap?  I'm
working on it.  Please send your thoughts.  Bye Steve