fot

Neat Swap Meet Find

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Neat Swap Meet Find
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:59:58 -0500
Hi all!

I attended the first automotive swap meet of the year at the Ballpark in
Arlington this past weekend, and found a neato thing for Tristan!  There
was a vendor selling licence plates (I had seen them last year and got a
plate for $1 that had TR6 on it for the garage wall).  They had a white
plate with red letters (and others with green letters but Tris is red)
that said:
Texas Manufacturer's Test Car, with a number following.
I was interested about what this was for, and inquired of several
people.  The info I got was that there was a test track near Houston
that a manufacturer or manufacturers used for test purposes.  They
didn't know when or whom, or if the track was even still open.  They
didn't think so.  Anyone know anything about this?  Bob K.?

I also saw another one that would probably be more appropriate:
Texas Disaster.   ;)

Neat stuff, huh!  I love the swap meets!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan    :)