fot

Tires...help

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires...help
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:18:46 -0500
Dearest assembled TR Guru's

I received my new Hoosiers today from Bob Woodman Tires. I had them mounted
on the new Panasports. The wheels contact the swaybar link on both sides,
and the tires rub the forward body mount bracket and the side of the
swaybar. These are 5.50 X 15 Vintage TD's, and they are about an inch taller
than the 195-60 Yoke A008R's I have now. The wheels are a full 3/8" greater
in backspace than my steel wheels and 5/8" greater than a stock TR3 wheel.
What have I done wrong? I'm contemplating putting the Hoosiers onto the
steel wheels I've been running. They weigh a ton, but at least they fit. I
think I'll be able to clear everything, but I'm not certain. Is 5.50 X 15
the size everyone is using? Does everyone with Panasports have to run
spacers? Thanks in advance.

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
Corinthians Vintage  Auto Racing Club