fot

Re: Bounds of taste

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bounds of taste
From: "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:38:21 -0400
> Nothing wrong with sponsorship . . . so long as:
>
> 1) You don't mind spending your "free" time at the track with clients
rather
> than family, friends and fellow racers.

These guys do tend to become friends the longer I work with them and others
from the corporate office will help out.  I'll probably be spending the time
between sessions fixing one thing or the other.

> 2) You're willing to stop using the personal pronoun "I" in favor of "We".
> As in: "We ran real good today with the Acme Topless Bakery/Food King
> Supermart Triumph GT Special, even that time we braked too late for turn
> five, but we have to give all the credit for our success to those great
folk
> at Acme and Food King".

I'll give them credit when they agree to take blame for the late-braking
maneuver in turn five.

>(And don't forget to don the sponsor-logoed baseball
> caps as soon as you get your helmet off.)

No problem, they give me free hats and if I don't put one on I get the worst
sunburn!

John Lehman
'68 GT6