fot

Re: Misc. Ramblings

To: fot@autox.team.net, jwheeler@robus.com
Subject: Re: Misc. Ramblings
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:48:48 -0700
Sure, I can relate to this. Less than a year after I bought my broken
down wreck of a TR4A for more money than I should have (what did I know,
it was my first time) we took a two-week trip from Palo Alto to
Boulder for the VTR National and the Grand Tetons. We had one
failure - the heater valve diaphragm failed in Reno. I was lucky
to find one ... but, of course, the old one broke as I tried
to extract it. We managed to plug the various holes with
bolts, hose clamps and duct tape, and we continued on. It would
have been nice to have the heater in the snow atop the Rockies...