fot

Peyote

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Peyote
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 09:48:33 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEA085.1A7874E0

I got the Peyote home in one piece, though my Tahoe may never be the
same--pulling through the passes with Baxter's big, enclosed trailer was
tough duty--it's making funny noises now. I rolled Peyote out into my new
shop (moving into the new house today) and it looked wonderful! What a cool
car. And surprise, surprise, my wife LOVES it. She says it looks like me (I
think that means rough as a cob, and old, but I'm still taking it as a
compliment--perhaps racy and purposeful?).

I'm going to have to do some relocating of the pedals--I'm kind of wedged
all up in the car. My wife got into it and fit perfectly, now she's talking
about taking a driving school. I told her to get her own damned race car.
And my daughter Elvis (Elizabeth) is eyeing my TR3, and talking about taking
the driving school with Diane. This women racer stuff sounds so admirable
when Susan's talking about it, but I see myself quickly descending to a pit
support role.

I also picked up a TR6 that I bought months ago (the motorcycle, not the
car) in Eugene on the way home. A great weekend all in all. Peyote, 'nother
bike, new shop, new house, and I've just about finished the motocross course
behind the house (oh, and a new tractor I bought last weekend to dig the
track--a John Deere, of course Joe). Now if I just don't kill myself on that
tractor.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEA085.1A7874E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Peyote</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I got the Peyote home in one piece, though my Tahoe =
may never be the same--pulling through the passes with Baxter's big, =
enclosed trailer was tough duty--it's making funny noises now. I rolled =
Peyote out into my new shop (moving into the new house today) and it =
looked wonderful! What a cool car. And surprise, surprise, my wife =
LOVES it. She says it looks like me (I think that means rough as a cob, =
and old, but I'm still taking it as a compliment--perhaps racy and =
purposeful?). </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm going to have to do some relocating of the =
pedals--I'm kind of wedged all up in the car. My wife got into it and =
fit perfectly, now she's talking about taking a driving school. I told =
her to get her own damned race car. And my daughter Elvis (Elizabeth) =
is eyeing my TR3, and talking about taking the driving school with =
Diane. This women racer stuff sounds so admirable when Susan's talking =
about it, but I see myself quickly descending to a pit support role. =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I also picked up a TR6 that I bought months ago (the =
motorcycle, not the car) in Eugene on the way home. A great weekend all =
in all. Peyote, 'nother bike, new shop, new house, and I've just about =
finished the motocross course behind the house (oh, and a new tractor I =
bought last weekend to dig the track--a John Deere, of course Joe). Now =
if I just don't kill myself on that tractor. </FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01BEA085.1A7874E0--