fot

Race report from Homestead

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race report from Homestead
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:18:56 -0400
Since we are into the race report season:  Our local SCCA had an event
at Homestead Motorsports complex, very classy place.  Our vintage group
had an uncharacteristically miserable turnout of only 7 cars, including
a Pinto that is normally rented to run Improved Touring (yech).

The goal of the weekend for the TR3 was to make sure it's ready to head
north to the Mid-Ohio race.  Still have some carb tuning problems but
otherwise all seems healthy.  Finished second between two 911's and also
followed by a Lotus FJ and a Griffin.  Trailing two cars were an Fiat
Abarth 850 and the &^*(ing Pinto.  Now that's a mixed bag of cars.

Many thanks to Joe for helping organize what I'm sure will be a great MO
event.  Great race track and great people.