fot

RE: The WISMER MONUMENT at ROAD AMERICA

To: BillDentin@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The WISMER MONUMENT at ROAD AMERICA
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:53:03 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEA605.E4199DD0

Sounds like you had a great time, Billy.

I've found the key to good radiators--have it made for the car. Doesn't cost
much at all. And make it bigger than you think you need. And use an
expansion tank on the low pressure side (suction side of the pump). I put a
vent line at the very top of the radiator (highest point in the system
except for the Expansion tank) with a small line that also leads to the
expansion tank. This continually burps the radiator. Absolutely foolproof,
max temperature of 185 under racing conditions. I actually had to make my
bypass orifice smaller so that the thermostat could control the
temperature--it was getting down to 135 with the thermostat shut tight.

I'm moved into the new house, but the shop that looked so huge before (1800
sq. feet)now looks like I emptied the contents of five garages into it,
which I kind of did. Wish I had made the thing the full size of the house
and deck. Ah, well. I'll just have to curb my toy acquisition.

Peyote sure looks nice sitting in the place of honor though--what a mean
looking little bugger it is.