fot

Re: blocks and heads

To: <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: blocks and heads
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 20:16:51 -0700
We use the factory steel competiton head gaskets, .020" thick and trim  them
to fit the modified combustion chambers.  Then we glue a piece of .012" to
.014" soft copper wire around each cylinder in the first convex ring pressed
into the gasket that will go all the way around the cyinder  and will stay
on the top of the liner.   All liners are set at .004" to .006" protrusion.
Since we have been doing this we have had NO head gasket failures.
                                                                Regards,
Greg Solow
                                                                The Engine
Room