fot

See response to Jack, below his note

To: jwheeler@robus.com, ScarpaMC@corning.com
Subject: See response to Jack, below his note
From: TR3197@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 19:36:27 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/99 1:54:18 AM, jwheeler@robus.com wrote:

<<Mike, I am copying Joe Alexander on this E-Mail for his information.  Joe
is the one who has been coordinating the planning for '2001, A Triumph
Odyssey'.  I suggest you contact him directly, and perhaps ask him to add
your name to any E-Mail he sends out about the planning for the trip.

Joe, Mike Scarpa is a true British Sports Car devotee.  (In fact, I think
he still holds a British passport!)  He has a 100 point Jaguar E-Type show
car, and also a very nice TR-4 which he drives.  He has expressed an
interest in taking a car to the UK for a tour if a group is assembled to go
in 2001.  Please help him out with any info you have.  Thanks.

I would sure love to go, and if I have the E-Type done, can convince Sue,
find a sitter for the kids, the cost is reasonable, etc., etc. then I just
might be able to make it happen.

So far the "2001 Triumph Odyssey" is just a figment of my imagination.
However, there is considerable interest in such an adventure.

Jack, Mike & FOT

An earlier thought was to attend The Goodwood Festival Of Speed in
conjunction with this proposed trip. This could evolve into other ideas.
Certainly planning out 12-18 months helps to insure the execution of such an
idea.

There are those would like to transport their race cars to a significant
meeting, there are those who like to ship their cars over to tour the British
Isles, and there are those who would simply like to go. I could fit in all of
the categories, but it is likely to boil out to the latter one.

My intention is to go in the month of June 2001 and perhaps to stay as long
as a month. There are enough people interested in doing such a trip, and with
sufficient advance planning that I can see the potential for folks developing
their own itinerary with common meeting points for significant events.

"Coordination of Information" might be a better description here for me. I am
not qualified to coordinate the mechanics of such a trip for say, 20-25
couples, but I am certainly promoting the idea of spending some time in
England knowing that I might converge with my friends, whether it be at a
racing venue, a significant TR gathering, or touring around the country side.

Glad this has been brought up as I have been thinking about this and the idea
has been a bit dormant.

I know there will be several folks who will appear with encouragement.

Let's do it!

Joe