fot

Travel plans for Mid-Ohio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Travel plans for Mid-Ohio
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:50:52 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,

I always wait 'till the absolute last minute before planning some
things... this could be due to "star sign", it could be that I'm lazy
and it could even be because I'm flakey... well, try to hold the
affirmative comments, especially on the last one. ;-)

At any rate, I'm planning taking a "wee bit of a ride" this weekend to
Mid-Ohio racetrack for the SVRA Sprint Vintage yada yaddah yadder <- the
Botson accent method!

My first problem is: I have no co-pilot. Now, that's not a show stopper.
And with nobody to talk to, I'll be able to show up at Mid-Ohio without a
sore throat! WOW.

But, I also have found no other Triumph people from my neck of the woods,
and that'd be Boston, MA in case you're interested, that intend to make
this journey.

So, I have a decision to make. Do I drive by myself. Do I just blow the
weekend off and stay home and pout all weekend. Or do I find another
Triumph person that will be making the trip that might want to meet
somewhere partway between "here" and "there" and try to create a
caravan... hmmm.

The question is thus: are there any Triumph folks located between Boston,
MA and Lexington, OH that generally intend to go to Mid-Ohio and are
located along the general route of I-90 to I-84 to I-81 (Scranton, PA) to
I-80 to Akron, OH and onto I-71 to Mid-Ohio??? If so, what is your schedule??

Please, please, puleeeze - there must be some Triumph person out there
that wants to caravan... if not, I might have to send this request to the
british-cars list and actually caravan with some MGs!

regards,
rml

p.s. if I do wind up caravanning with MG's, do I have hide in the corner
when I get to Mid-Ohio??
p.p.s if I don't fix my speedometer between now and then, am I still
elligible for the "long distance" award??? Just curious.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |