fot

Mid-Ohio MG-Triumph Challenge

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mid-Ohio MG-Triumph Challenge
From: "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:57:10 -0400
Dear Friends,

Absolutely no question about it, that's the most fun I've ever had with too
much clothing on!  What an event!  I suspected that you folks would be fun
to race with and I was not disappointed in the least.  When are we going to
do it again?

I met some of you and wish I would have had time to meet all.  Hell, I even
met some MG guys I took an instant liking to.  I chased the red MGBGT of
Richard Worby all weekend and finally had to go find his paddock just to see
what the front of his car looked like.  John Harkness chased me and my GT6
in his gorgeous TR3 and I suspect he could have outbraked me.  I certainly
couldn't lose him.   Discretion IS the better part of valor.

Thanks for all the support and sportsmanship.  This was only my second event
and didn't involve a constant thrash between runs like my first.  Except for
a fuel pump that decided to give up on course the car ran flawlessly.  I
found another pump at the British car swap meet being held in the infield
for 15 bucks.

I can't wait to see the panoramic picture!

John Lehman
#440 GT6