fot

Re: Montezumas Revenge

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Montezumas Revenge
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 17:12:25 PDT

>From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
>To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Montezumas Revenge
>Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:21:02 -0700
>
>I see that Montezuma's Ferrari has been published (Classic impressions is
>selling it) has anyone heard anything from Burt about getting copies. I'm
>going to order a copy anyway, but wasn't there some mention of a special
>edition?

   his is the truth at least ah heared it fum th' hosses mouth. The
   first actual edition will be in 3 parts. The one that's available
   now is the group that is being sold to us, the vintage race
   community at races this season and from "selected" vendors.
   Your friendly local bookstore" will not get theirs until October
   31st (more about that in a sec). There is a very special set of
   the first edition, bound in leather with the "Prancing Chili
   Peppers" logo as a cloisonne badge on the cover that will be given
   to the advertisers and supporters of the book. There will be 300
   (I think) printed with about half held back which will be
   varioulsy auctioned off for charity or given away as special
   presentations. These hold backs will "not be for sale".

   Oh yeah the October 31st thing is a promotion where we "old sporty
   car types will show up at our "local" bookstore in costume ala the
   Halloween party in the last chapter in "-OPEN ROAD". We are to
   have a pix taken and sent to Burt... Prizes will be awarded.
   There's another promotion regarding the two book logos but I'll
   let Burt publicize that one.

   Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)