fot

The 2001 invasion

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 2001 invasion
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 02:18:49 +0100
Fellow FOTers
Someone wrote earlier today that we islanders are going to be overrun in 2
years time. I deleted the message before replying to it and can't retrieve
it. Depending on when you're coming, how about an endurance run? The Triumph
2000 2500 2.5 Register is organising an 800 mile Charity Run next year and
it might take place again in 2001 if oversubscribed. It's limited to 150
cars next year. Start and finish is Gaydon and I know that 800 miles in NA
is no big deal. Try it in England!! This is NOT a race or rally - you've
just got to get round the 800 mile course visiting ten Cathedral Cities in
18 hours and not failing to miss out on ten hidden control points.
Let me know off list if interested. In fact, next year might be a useful
trial if anyone is coming over and wants to do the course as a passenger in
a four seater Triumph. Cost is GBP37.50 (US$55 approx) and it takes place
over the weekend of May 6-7.
Richardson and I are doing it in 'Canley Girl' (2.5PI sal in Sienna) and
with a little luck, young Mr. Cahill might find room for himself if we move
the front seat runners back a bit and put the backrest into full recline.

John Mac