fot

Say what??

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Say what??
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:32:45 -0600 (MDT)
Boy, maybe I should have paid more attention to those posts about the rising
tide of fashionable kilts that one's sheep should wear to happy hour, or what
ever it was they were about.  We had a tornado actually touch down right here
in Salt Lake City.  Pretty strange.  Usually, the only damage done by the
wimpy little, almost funnel clouds that sort of drop from the sky is that some
people bruise their noses when they trip over their own feet whilst looking at
the sky.  Certainly not the kind of real storms that I remember from my youth
in the midwest.

Anyway, it was still a fairly small storm, a few buildings downtown were badly
damaged, one person confirmed dead, maybe a dozen seriously injured.  No trouble
up here at the U, though email through the Team.Net server was discomfrobulated
for a few minutes, but that was due to uh, well, circumstances beyond my
control,
yeah, that's it!

mjb.