fot

TR4 Travel to West Coast

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Travel to West Coast
From: TR3197@AOL.COM
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:00:54 EDT
FOT,

I am grateful for friends that engage in the same insanities that I do. Uncle
Jack & Company went to Florida in the Spring, then we went to New Jersey in
May. This was followed by a trip to Portland, ME, the long way through
Canada. We also plan to race at Daytona in November.

But in the more immediate future and the reason for this note: Kent Howard
(TR3 Vintage Racer) Intends to drive to San Ramon, CA following Road America.
I intend to go with him. We plan to leave from Alexander's Coventry Compound
on the morning of the 27th of September. We will be traveling primarily I-80.

Just guessing, I can see an overnight in Salt Lake City on Tuesday (Mark
Bradakis?) We should be in San Ramon by noon on Thursday at the latest and
will be staying at the Marriott. There will be a "Hospitality Carnival" on
Friday night and a concours on Saturday morning with vendor sales and swap
meet.  If any of the West Coast FOT would like to get together and would like
to do it at a specific time, please let us know.  Culver, Hardy, Terri Ann,
Nick, (and ?) are out there. Any suggestions? Thursday evening? Friday
evening? Saturday morning? Whatever. It would be could to meet and see some
folks out there or en route.

Depending on the time available and the inclination of the driver, we might
turn south for a bit on Highway #1, perhaps taking a peak at Leguna Seca. (I
will skip playing golf at Pebble Beach, this time)  It occurs to me to turn
back east at Santa Maria and cross over the Sierra Madres to Las Vegas. Dont
we have one FOT in Las Vegas?

Return is projected on or about the 7th of October, in time for IRP.  I
suspect that there will a lap top with us and we could stay in touch.
Especially if we need help  :-)

Joe Alexander