fot

The Manx Classic - Isle of Man

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Manx Classic - Isle of Man
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:14:03 +0100
Hi guys

It looked like a great trip to Watkins Glen for 'y-all' and some super TR
racing by all accounts.

It's Goodwood this week end, unfortunately I can't make it cos Julia's got
something planned that she thinks is more important - hope we're not going
to her Lill's for lunch again. She's a sweety but the last time we had a
Sunday joint (baked not smoked)   there the beef was so rare a good vet
would have had it back on the hoof in no time-

Anyway, I gave in because I've been invited to the Manx Classic in the Isle
of Man next Wednesday for five days. I'm really looking forward to it,
because I've never been to the Island before, and I cant wait to see how
the cars perform on the narrow roads of the old 37 mile circuit.

There's 11 MG/MGB's entered, 8 Austin Healey's, 10 Sunbeam Tigers, 11
Sunbeam Alpines (giggle), 6 Morgan plus 4's, 3 Camaro's, and the usual
assortment of Jags, Astons, Shelby Mustangs, Porsches, Masers and those red
cars from Modena etc. There's also some superb pre war cars racing
including the fabulous 'Barnato Hassan' designed in 1931 by the late and
great Wally Hassan (ex Bentley, and engineering director of  Jaguar and
Coventry Climax). A total of 130 Classic sports cars complete the field.

No I haven't forgotten! THERE ARE ALSO 10 TR3's, 4 TR4's AND A COUPLE OF
SPITFIRES ENTERED - great stuff. There's only one thing that bothers me -
about half the guys in the TR pack have a somewhat supercharged taste for
ale and live on raw steak (must be related to old Bill Dentinger or
'Fireball' Joe Alexander - Hi Guys).

Talk to you soon

Paul