fot

Re: Rain

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rain
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:53:26 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,

I posted a rather lengthy diatribe to these lists yesterday regarding
various things including, but not limited to the Stowe British Invasion,
the VTR National in Portland, ME, sponsorship and trophies.

I've decided to restate my case in a more simple manner.

First off, if you were offended by the other post - I apologize. Several
of my comments were in fact baseless. I did hear from one person who was
more connected to the issue and was provided with appropriate correction.

As a result, I'd like to offer the following:

1. Stowe is okay. Go and have fun (like my opinion would stop you!).

2. Wave smartly at all Bentley owners. Make that any lbc or LBC that you
see. Heck, if they're on the road, they've probably trials and
tribulations like you've seen. Maybe more. Especially if they've been
involved in running an event of any sort. If they have been involved in
running an event, thank them for thier efforts. They suffer so you can
enjoy. Really.

3. If you won a trophy in Portland, do what you like with the "little
logo"... I'm putting some racer tape over mine.

4. Other clubs from New England do exemplary jobs helping to run these
events, make sure you thank them too. Note: there's a lot of ballots at
Stowe, I'm told. Join a local club and help out some time. Really.

5. I was reminded that the overall feedback to the VTR '99 Portland event
was positive. Let's leave it at that. It was a great event. Thanks to all
that came.

One person replied to my message asking if I had too much caffiene
yesterday. That apparently was the case. I have no ill feelings toward
anyone or anything today.

There. Now I feel better.

But I still stand by my comments about money... things do change when
there's money involved. Get it in writing and all the other stuff. You'll
avoid alot of misunderstanding if you follow those simple rules.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang                Room N42-140Q          | Speaking only for me.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |