fot

The Le Mans film

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Le Mans film
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:40:37 +0100
The French film I was involved with (no Cracks Bill D) was built around
several interviews with French TR works drivers and club people. The French
TV people, who had got hold of copies of my magazine, wanted information
about Ken's career and Sir John Black. They particularly wanted to know if
I knew any of Ken's mechanics who still have TR connections. Thus, I
organized for them to meet Pete Clarke who worked for Ken. Pete restores
TR's and also owns two side screen TR's of his own (long and short door).

Pete and I were interviewed in his garage at home -great fun. I don't know
if the film I was involved with (or parts of it) has been used in the U.S.
film, but the French people used some excellent 1955 Le Mans and fifties
rally footage and photos I provided for them.

Needless to say I would appreciate a copy of the U.S. film (I'll pay for it
of course) especially if there is footage of the 1956/7 Sebring race. Ken's
foreman Ben Warwick, who attended the works TR Sebring races, is still
alive and well and I see him regularly.

I'm away for three days from today so talk to you at the W.E.

Best wishes
Paul