fot

Re: TR compression vs. HP..now pistons and cams...Plus SoCal Pinewood De

To: <greenman62@hotmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR compression vs. HP..now pistons and cams...Plus SoCal Pinewood Derby Car.
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 99 11:40:44 -0700
I have the next milder Babe Erson grind in my 3.  It has 280 deg duration
& 464 lift.  The engine comes on very strong around 3500 RPM or a little
lower and keeps going through my self imposed 6,000 RPm redline. It has
lots of low end torque and idles fine at 700 RPM. I'm happy with mine too.

Ken gets around $100 + core for them.

Greg Solo has been playing aroung with cams & seems to be doing some
interesting things.  You also might check to see what he has.

>>FOT,
>
>>BTW, if anyone has any recommendations for an intermediate cam grind for
>>running vintage, I would appreciate it.
>>
>>I plan to be under 11:1 in CR and want power range to be near 3500-5500 RPM
>>with an emphasis on reliability with a redline of 6000. I have heard some
>>good things about the G-3 and TR-777 Isky cams and then I hear that this is
>>'Old Technology' and "there are much better cams out there".
>

>    Joe,
>
>     I've been real happy with my Babe Erson cam that you and Jack
>     had hardened for me a couple of years back... It's what Ken
>     Gillanders calls his "autocross cam"... It's .55 lift with a 300
>     duration (if memory serves, being away from my reference). It's
>     not too lopey at idle (it likes about 11-1200), has a nice
>     powerband lot's of grunt... Now that I have gone back to the
>     standard ratio rear through my locker, I'm still please with its
>     performance. So far the Ford GT40 sleeved lifters are doing just
>     fine too... just make sure you locktite the sleeves in should
>     you decide to use them.
>
>     Greg
>
>Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
>1962 TR4 (CT4852L)
>
>That's not a leak... My car's just marking its territory...

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.