fot

Six Hour Relay Race

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Six Hour Relay Race
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:23:20 +0100
Hi FOTers

I'm off to see the classic Six Hour relay race at Snetterton on Sunday.
Should be fun I know for sure there are three TR 3's in one team. There are
over forty teams entered including Morgans MG's and Healeys etc.

Whilst on the subject of six hour relay races, I well remember an identical
race at Silverstone - many years ago - when my father Ken was persuaded to
drive in one of the TR teams. The whole Richardson family with aunts and
uncles and various friends were there enjoying the fun. Sometime during the
race Ken came round Woodcote corner - in a white TR - in the middle of an
enormous, heart stopping spin. My middle brother Ian, thoroughly approving
of the spinning TR and the squealing tyres, began clapping his hands and
jumping up and down in shear excitement. Before we could restrain him he
cupped his hands, jumped up on a bench seat and shouted at the top of his
voice, "DO IT AGAIN DAD."

Paul