fot

Re: Assistance needed please/Missouri area

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Assistance needed please/Missouri area
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:28:47 -0500
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Denny Wilson?  And his father, I think it was, who did a lot of the work on
> the cars.  Wasn't he the one who was whuppin' the "certainly it isn't a
> factory prepared and sponsored" Porsche 924 one year when his gearbox jammed
> or something on the last or next to last lap?  Vague recollections of hearing
> about the runoffs in 197?
>
> mjb.

Research from the TSOA Newsletter.

Denny Wilson did it two years in a row! At the SCCA run-offs in 1980 he
qualified 6th on the grid for the D Production race. Lee Mueller in the
Huffaker TR7 was 5th and Doc Bundy was on the pole in the 924.
Eventualy, it became a three-way battle which was only resolved in
Bundy's favor by his getting by slower traffic which held up the two
TRs. Bundy won and Wilson just got by Mueller to take 2nd. Denny
received the Road Racing Drivers Club award for Most Outstanding
Performance at the event.

Then he went back the next year and came close again. Not one great
drive .. two of them!

Mike Cook