fot

Fwd: Oil Filters

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Oil Filters
From: Gt6steve@AOL.COM
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:35:49 EST
--part1_0.f0dc3a7.256ecd75_boundary

From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Full-name: Gt6steve
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:30:23 EST
Subject: Oil Filters
To: FOT@auto-x.team.net

Now that left coast racing is wrapped up for VARA, we too shall delve into
improvements for next season.  BTW, Mordy sells short the Friday practice in
Las Vegas.  While he was driving around in his killer Tractor, the rest of
E-tickets was RACING to follow him and had about the most fun of the season!
What a great way to start a great weekend!!  (And I know what Mordy's secret
RPM was if bribes are forthcoming...;-}} ).

Anyway, to business

I've been running a Canton Mecca remote oil filter because it is easily
inspected.  Unfortunately it got plugged on Saturday and dropped oil
pressure.  Studying options this morning led to a couple of questions about
filtering and flow.

Does anybody know what the typical flow rate is from a Triumph pump??

What oil filters are the others using?

What is a reasonable filtering size?  1 micron? 8 microns?  How about 180
micron mesh??

All thoughts and observations are welcomed.  TIA, Steve

--part1_0.f0dc3a7.256ecd75_boundary--